We’ve rounded up some boss gift ideas for the new dads out there who “can’t stop, won’t stop.” Some he’ll love to share with his mini, and a few are just for him!
1. Jonas Claesson’s The Surfing Animals Alphabet book: Teach the ABCs while dreaming about sun, sand, and swells—we love it more and more with each read.
2. Tosan’s POP + TOT tees: Coordinated tees to wear the love out loud. Go team!
3. SoYoung Charlie bag: A rugged and super stylish bag that dad won’t mind shouldering. So versatile my husband refers to ours as the BIZ bag. Gets it done. Efficiently equipped with a changing pad, insulated pockets, and an overall smart design.
4. Eli Mason Old Fashioned Cocktail Mixer: Daddy needs a drink, but no time to fuss over multi-ingredient cocktails? Eli Mason saves you the hassle without sacrificing quality or flavor. Just add your favorite spirit! We’ve chosen the old fashioned—because it’s Father’s Day —but you can’t go wrong with any of these small batch mixers made in Nashville, Tennessee.
5. Love Virginia Ruth’s handkerchief: Naturally dyed and sure to become a wardrobe staple. A dapper pocket square for date night or useful handkerchief for clean ups and to wipe away baby’s tears.
6.* William Tyler’s Modern Country: A non-lullaby gorgeous instrumental album that’s perfect for winding down for a nap or bedtime. Also, the expansive orchestration gives dad a mental break when necessary.
7. Jittery Joe’s x Drive-By Truckers Trucker Speed coffee blend: Drive-By Truckers fan? Either way, if dad is sleep deprived and appreciates good coffee (and kickass illustration), then order a can or two from Athens, Georgia’s beloved coffee house and roaster JIttery Joe’s. Enjoy and then use the can for the baddest pencil holder in the office or a mini snare drum for your little rocker.
8.* Sturgill Simpson’s A Sailor’s Guide to Earth: If you’ve been living in the fog of new parenthood and haven’t heard already, Sturgill’s album is full of sweet and wise fatherly reflections. This one, as the album jacket advises, is to be played at maximum volume. Get rhythm, baby!
*Support your local record stores! Special shout-out to Oxford, Mississippi’s The End of All Music‘s Record of the Month Club that will keep dad in the loop and jamming all year long.
Dads, we love you. Happy Father’s Day!