We’re going to toot our own green horn for a second because we are proud of the environmental choices we’ve made, believe they do make a difference, and want you to know how we roll behind the scenes.
We celebrate our planet every day by carrying designers who use organic, natural, and sustainable materials as well as low-impact production methods. Our own best practices include minimal paper waste and recycled and FSC-certified paper products for all printing and shipping methods. Even our packing tape is plant-based, renewable, and biodegradable! And the host for scout-baby.com is a B Corporation that utilizes wind energy to offset their energy footprint in addition to many other sustainability efforts (learn more here).
Thank you for being a #consciousconsumer!
Happy Earth Day!
SCOUT will be setting up shop this Saturday, April 15 for an Easter Pop-Up at Pottery Barn Kids located at the Hill Center in Nashville’s Green Hills neighborhood. After this weekend, we’ll be taking a small break from events as we welcome baby #2! See you soon!
Where: Pottery Barn Kids at 4011 Hillsboro Pike, Suite 102, Nashville, TN 37215
When: Saturday, April 15 from 10 am until 4 pm (or later!)
Additional in-store events and sales throughout the day:
11 am – 2 pm: Fill Your Easter Basket party! Pick your basket, liner, and toys and PB Kids will help you get it Easter ready with grass, ribbon, and gift tags.
11 am – 2 pm: Photographer Ashley Champagne of Little Icons is doing Mini Photo Sessions! More details to come, but mark your calendar now – you don’t want to miss this opportunity to get beautiful portraits of your littles!
11 am – 3 pm: Pottery Barn Kids Nursery Style Event—Stop by to register and meet with Design Specialists to have all your questions answered.
Also, the PB Kids Friends & Family sale is going on through the weekend. More details here.
SCOUT is 3! So we’re celebrating with a ✨GIVEAWAY✨ Three people will win a $50 gift card to the shop!
You only need to do one of these things to enter, but the more you do, the better your chances of winning:
Contest ends Wednesday, March 22 at 11:59 pm CST. Open to U.S. and international residents. Three winners will be randomly selected. Winner will be announced by March 24. Not sponsored by Instagram. Good luck!
POP-UP // This Friday and Saturday! We are thrilled to be heading back to Cadeau Nashville in 12South for our final pop-up of the year. We’re also hosting a diaper drive to donate diapers to our nonprofit partner Nurses for Newborns of Tennessee. Bring a pack of diapers and receive 25% off your entire purchase!
2308 12th Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37204
December 16–17, 2016 // 10 am to 6 pm
Small Discoveries Saturdays is a series of journal entries on SCOUT’s site where we shine a light on the little tips and treats that we have found help make pregnancy and parenting go a bit smoother.
We’re excited to introduce you to this month’s guest contributor, Arielle Fears, co-owner of Music City Doulas. In addition to being a Labor Doula, Postpartum Doula and Postpartum Placenta Specialist, Arielle is also a Childbirth Educator and a Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga Instructor.
This month: 5 Tips for Navigating Pregnancy by Music City Doulas
My favorite thing about working with new and expecting parents is seeing their confidence build as they begin to find their rhythm. They’re going through some transitions that are both exciting and scary at the same time. They are folding in a new layer to their identities. Many don’t know where to start, and I am often asked for some guidance. Here are my top five tips for navigating your best pregnancy:
1. Create a self-care routine. This doesn’t have to be something elaborate, but a
small item added to your normal process of getting ready. Buy the luxurious balm and use a body brush and coconut oil. This can make all the difference in how you feel starting your day. Also, treat yourself to more lavish acts. Take a bubble bath, or better yet, gift yourself a float session to ease physical tension. You’re worth it.
2. Begin exploring what is important to you about your child’s birth. Talk with your doctor about your preferences for labor and delivery, and don’t be afraid to ask questions and communicate your desires. Collaborative care during pregnancy can make all the difference for a more connected birth team. Your doula is familiar with the procedures and policies of all area birthing facilities and can help you navigate the choices you will have in any given scenario.
3. Invest in clothing that makes you feel beautiful. Many of us experience self-conscious thoughts and fixations on a regular basis, and it can intensify during pregnancy with all the changes our bodies go through. Celebrate the changes and your incredible power. It may feel silly to buy quality maternity clothing you think you won’t wear that long, but what’s silly about giving yourself a boost of confidence? Sometimes part of feeling good is looking good. And here’s a tip: Maternity fashion rental.
4. Strike a balance between activity and rest. Walking is widely recommended as one of the safest activities you can take up while pregnant. This is something you can do every day alone or with a friend or loved one to get fresh air and clear your head. If you would additionally like activities that build stamina and resilience as you prepare for birth and parenthood, prenatal yoga and barre are wonderful options. Always speak with your doctor before commencing a new workout regimen.
5. As you get closer to meeting your baby, take any unsolicited advice or even judgments with a grain of salt. In short, keep being you. Give yourself lots of grace, and do your best to enjoy this last bit of time with your family as it is before you welcome your new love. Do your favorite relaxing activities together. Go out to eat. Curl up and watch movies. Connect with other parents in the same season of life. Speak your truth, and move self-assuredly into parenthood!
Arielle Fears is a Labor Doula, Postpartum Doula, Childbirth Educator, Postpartum Placenta Specialist, Prenatal Yoga Instructor and owner of Music City Doulas, Middle Tennessee’s premier full service doula agency. As a trusted expert on babies, early parenting, and pregnancy, Arielle fosters safe and nonjudgmental relationships with her clients and students, honoring the needs of the individual and celebrating the diversity found within the realm of parenthood.
POP-UP // This Friday + Saturday! We’re delighted to to be setting up shop in one of our favorite Nashville shops—The Perfect Pair. And we’ll be in good company with the talented women behind NOMAD, Bone Feather, Sarah Richey, and Evermore.
Bags. Baby goods. Home wares. Jewels. Bring a friend and join us for this fun holiday shopping experience!
Where: The Perfect Pair
4103 Hillsboro Circle
Nashville, TN 37215
When: December 2–3, 2016
10 am to 5:30 pm
POP-UP // We’re looking forward to joining Different Diapers at USA Baby in Franklin, TN tomorrow! It’s a sip and shop event this Saturday, November 19 from 10 am to noon. More details here!
POP-UP // We are thrilled to be setting up shop with some amazing #girlbosses as we celebrate our second Women’s Entrepreneurship Day with Nashville’s Jackalope Brewing Co. this Wednesday, November 16 from 4–8 pm. Enjoy some of their tasty brews while supporting awesome local small businesses—cheers! More info here.
Where: Jackalope Brewing Co. Taproom
701 8th Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37203
When: Wednesday, November 16